Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Onward Men...


Onward Men..., originally uploaded by knledford.

Okay, so I havent been bored. As for completing things to full term, I havent been very active either. I seem to be running short of luck...

To explain may take days, or in this case, pages of worthless ramblings. Ive "slacked" in posting, so I'll indulge. It all began roughly a month ago...

It began as a normal Saturday morning, an early morning wake-up call, faced with a two hour drive to some crowded part of Atlanta to photograph a Wedding. Showered, packed and ready to roll, I hit the road with a cheerful, upbeat sense of being. Naturally, while on I-285 I hit traffic due to contruction, all was allowed for, therefore still on schedule. Merging on I-85N, peering towards my Pleasent Hill exit, all the while having a hard time not noticing the sounds coming from my front passenger wheel area. Aware, yet not completely concerned, I travel on with my exit in sight. My target being a hotel I'm told directly beside the Chile's, which is sworn to be in plan sight of one of the first Pleasent Hill west bound red lights. Without really paying close attention to how many traffic lights I've driven through, merrily unaware of the near fatel events taking place. It's funny how a comfortable, temperature controlled jukebox can so quickly become a ramming death port in busy Atlanta traffic. So many things you take for granted, walks in the park, rainy Sunday mornings, a soft bed and of course the fact that your brakes will work when you press them.

Yeah, it's true, my brakes went out on a major highway in a strange area of Metro Atlanta. Whats more, they not only failed to work, my front passenger side brake pad fell completely off the car. If thats not a down right comforting thought, I dont know what is! Somehow, someway, a right side turn lane leading to a uphill ride to a recreation center came into view, giving a way out. Thank you lord I happened to pay attention to a 20/20 segiment on "what to do if your brakes fail." For those who don't know, you can stop your vehicle by using the emergency brake, a clever invention.(a hand to it's creator) With the "what if's" roaming in my head, the "how's and now what's" upon me, I somehow got lucky enough to have a friend in the area, who I'm sure enjoyed taking time from he's rarely found off time, to come help me with my debacule. (One of the biggest "Thank You, Thank you, Thank you" has to go out to the always lovely & charming, winner of the greatest man ever award, David "Tiger Woods" Chester)
With hours spent, not to mention the nearly $1000.00 of bill I was handed, it was an absolutely lovely day. Oh, and let's not forget about the Wedding at hand. With a day's worth of work behind me, a 12 hour day of photographing a wedding still lying ahead, I do the only thing you can do... suck it up, shut up, grin and bare it.

Thinking back, the day was a complete blur, realizing now, I shouldve photographed the "brake" issue, which I'm sure would've made for good times at some point. I can say without pause, that the Wedding images came out great, different, as you can see, with the swords and such. A complete unique, incredible experience - a great deal of fun really!

I have other horror stories, which I'm hoping is an isolated May-June experience, I wouldnt want to keep all the fun to myself, afterall, shouldnt it be spread about! Let's save the other really fun times for another day, I wouldnt want to make you jealious to the point of physical illness...

good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home