Friday, July 08, 2005

Ocoee Olympic Center


Occee Olympic Center, originally uploaded by knledford.

Here it is, Friday already. I have spent the day at the Ocoee Olympic Center. I am shooting a Wedding here tomorrow. I must say it has some beautiful opportunities, which isn't always the case, so when it happens I tend to get a bit excited. Granted we are in the middle of nowhere, the ONLY Motel, yes I said Motel, is 36 mins from the Center.

The Motel, by the way, is also in the middle of nowhere. Knowing full well of this fact, I'm still a bit impressed by the area, since my last visit, this very motel was built, along with a grocery store, Dollar Store, McDonald's and Exxon. To the local folk this must be a big topic at the Church picnics. Preparing for the Saturday Wedding day, we went to the grocery store this evening in hopes of getting some food that won't melt, spoil or explode in high temperatures, and also something that's small enough to eat while photographing the wedding, quiet enough to be undetected, and somewhat healthy. If anyone can think of what that would be let me know, Im having a hard time of finding such a food.

Anyway, while walking over to the grocery store, we notice a young couple over by the cart rack, her, a store employee and a teary eyed blonde, him beaming with pride and down on bended knee. Yes, that's right, he proposed marriage right there in the 102 degree sun in the parking lot of that little store, completely uncaring that anyone was watching. Minutes later it seemed that her break was over and was to get back to work, with a kiss on the cheek he drove away.

Going through the checkout line, her scanning our items and making sure to glance at her golden ring with each wave of the hand, a smile painted from ear to ear. Without a word she said more with her smile than any poetic love story ever told. Looking back now, I wish that I had had my camera around my neck in that parking lot, such a great shot to have captured, what a memory and story for some grandkid years from now. The whole event was so genuine and sweet I wish I had offered some wedding day photography, a small token to a young couple, bound for great things. The things you wish you had said before you walked away, maybe some way she'll find this post, the offer stands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home