Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Adding a Door to my Wish List


I'm a bit in love with this old door. I came across it 4 or 5 years ago in the Coolidge Park area while out shooting one day. I've used it in main of my photos and then of course let Ricki in on the secret of it's location for some reason, so now she's stolen it and used it herself. I love everything about the old door, the fact that it looks old is the best part! Even the cobb webs that grow and live there are a charming piece of it's mystery.

Here again in this image is the bride from Ricki's bridal session. With the fur and bling bling, I must say, it was a bit like an old Audrey Hepburn movie. I was wearing 2 shirts, a sweatshirt and a jacket along with jeans, 2 pairs of socks and shoes while on this shoot and I was still cold. You can see here that her dress had no sleeves and of course her legs were exposed to the cold air. I must say that she did a great job on controlling her facial expressions, sometimes we'd have to remind her not to look as though she was freezing her tail off, but for the most part she managed to hide it well.

From a personal stand point, there is nothing in this world that would make me want to wear barely nothing in 40something degree weather for a photograph. Of course from a photographer's stand point I commend those who will and even try to talk them into it now and again.

I'm a bad puddy tat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks like a cutout that was pasted on the background, it just does not look right.

16.12.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home