Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Light working at it's best!


An added feature along Chattanooga's water front area gives an interesting design and numerous possibilities for events. I love the way the light is painting just the right spots in this photo. It's often hard to capture an outdoor image with a dramatic lighting effect so I'm rather proud of this one.

On a business note... So far for this year I've booking only 2 weddings & 2 events of my very own and am really looking forward to more wedding interviews. Granted it's not even the beginning of the month yet so there is still plenty of time to wait. As I'm told, usually the calls, interviews and bookings get at their craziest point near the end of Jan & the month of Feb & March. I'm really looking forward to this year though. I'm ready & dedicated to getting my photography career on a successful leg. I've talked about this for years but in my head and heart I was never really dedicated or motivated to the work or time it would take. I guess it's age or battle wounds but I really feel ready now. People tell me all the time that I make good sense when it comes to business affairs, usual that's when I'm giving them advise. I've always taken it as one of those "nice comments you say for lack of other things" but I wonder if maybe there isn't something to it. I've help 2 of my friends start a business with eBay and both are doing a great job with it. My friend Hollie, who I helped a month or so ago, she's already making 75% or more of her normal income just by selling on eBay. :o)

I think the one thing I lack is support... I have some good friends who support me and less than a handful of family who think it's a good thing. For every good comment, however, I'm slammed with at least 10 insults so it's a hard thing to overcome.... Mentally. I hear them and know in my head that I shouldn't listen, but I know that in some way it still effects me. The inner voice is hard to keep positive when it's drowned out with non-stop negativity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home