Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Somewhat True Biography of Kandice Ledford













"Hi! My name is Kandice Ledford & let me just say first of all, thank you for your interest in my work. Every day I thank God for the talents to carry out my dream of being a photographer. I have the great honor & trustof capturing some of the most precious moments of someone’s life; from an engagement to a wedding, maternity photos to a newborn baby; the first steps to the first day of school; the first crush to “the one.” The job of being a photographer is much more than a push of a button, it’s aresponsibility to truly capture someone’s personality & flare and to create photographs that, in 50 years, willstill put a smile on your face. Photography is not just my job, it’s my passion; my "true North."
I’ve been practicing the art of photography all my life. When I was a kid I would sneak my parents camerafrom their closet when they weren’t looking and take pictures of everything I could see from my eye level.In middle & high school I began to really develop a sense of creativity in my photography & learned to havefun in the darkroom. While in college at Middle Tennessee State University, just outside of Nashville,I met a man by the name of Russ Harrington who’s work truly inspired me to pursue a career in photography.

Right out of college my hobby finally became a profession & I booked the firstof many weddings. Early in my career I pursued my love for portrait photography while working as thephotographer of a major newspaper in the Northwest Georgia area. While there I won awards from theGeorgia Press Association for my work in photography and page layout design but after only 2 years I said goodbye to news photography and solely focused all my time and energy on my company, Ledford Photography. Today I shoot between 20 & 30 weddings a year and countless portrait sessions with people of all ages and have had the opportunity to travel to places I never dreamed I’d ever get to go.

I take pride in what I do & to offer a style of photography and a level of creativity not usually seen in wedding & portrait photography. When someone looks at my work I want it to be unlike anything else they’ve seen; something fresh and new yet still classic and timeless. Something rare you’ll find when working with me is personal attention. It seems that in the business of photography, everything is strictly cookie-cutter & people are expected to adapt to the ways & ideas of the photographer. I believe it should be the other way around which is why I work with every one of my clients to make each experienceunique and comfortable. Not only do I get to do what I love to do every day but I also have thehonor of working with 3 of the most talented photographers I’ve ever met, all of which I’m proud to have as friends and consider my family. We’ve worked together for many years which allows for great harmony and creativity in our photography and ensures that you get the best work possible.

I hope that you find everything you hoped for when looking at my work. I thank you once again for the interestand your time, it is most appreciated! If you have any questions or would like to set up a time to meet I would beglad to speak with you.

God Bless - Kandice"


As posted on my website www.ledfordphotography.com Feedback is welcome. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home