Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Floating City


An image of a storm coming as seen over the rooftops of this New Orleans French Quarter. I took this photo 2 years ago when I visited the great city of New Orleans, and now as we all know, it's feet below water with people dying in the streets while waiting on help, all thanks to mother nature's rath.

Watching the scenes on tv doesnt really make it real, it almost seems like a movie unfold. Makes me think of images you see from another country. I can tell you, if you've never been to New Orleans, it's a very unique place all to itself. It wasnt the nicest of places when I visited in 2003, now, factory in a hurricane, 103 degree heat, lack of food & water, bathrooms, homes, beds, sleep, money, comfort, safety, peace of mind, and all rays of hope and you've truely got the ingredients of Hell on earth. To all those involved, I pray for cloudy skies, cool breezes, large buses, endless supplies of food and the energy to survive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home