Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Killing me softly...


Spring is my absolute favorite season of the year, it's a shame it hates me back...

I'm on my 3rd allergy pill on the day and it's only 2:03 pm! I love to see all the dead space of the air come alive with blooms and smells of rain. My favorite bloom of all time are those of a peach tree. My grandmother has 4 peach trees in her yard and I love to look at them. I've sat on the porch looking more in the past few weeks than I have in my whole life. I cut some small branches off of one of the trees and put them in my bedroom. I can tell ya, they might be pretty but the smell is a whole new ballgame. It wasn't pleasant, at all, but I decided sight overcame smell and kept them around.

The warm air and sights of new beginnings really makes me want to take a trip. I do love to travel so it's a shame I have no money. I'd love to have a few extra grand and a cherry red convertible in the garage, man that would be good times! I've always wanted to strike out by myself on the open road and drive as far south as humanly possible. Stop in all the little towns of Georgia and spend some time talking to people and capturing the personality of the individual places. Travel through all the little unseen places of Florida and eventually end up on the 7 mile bridge to the Keys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home