Sunday, December 11, 2005

Merry Christmas to Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As you all know and remember well, my world was traumatized when some evil being took off with the only flash I owned. Finally, after months and months of working I've managed to get another one! I got it in the mail just yesterday! I haven't actually put batteries in it and used it yet, I have taken it out of the box though, which some of my friends can tell you is a major improvement from past purchases. ;o)

It's a Nikon SB-600 and works with every digital Nikon camera on the market today. I had debated over a SB-800 for sometime, which cost $350.00+ but knew I'd found my new blinding baby when I came across a review from Ken Rockwell online about the SB-600. It has all the features I use, minus the bounce flash card, and it works wirelessly with other Nikon flashes. Best of all, it was $170.00! I was nearly giddy at the sight of such a price!!! I figure that I can purchase one of those super nice bounce flash systems for $30.00 that I've been debating over for years to use with it so basically I saved $150 and I still have a GREAT flash! I'd like to have one more of these for now, as a backup and also to use with the wireless feature and then hopefully before too much longer I'll have a few Nikon D200 cameras and can get even more of these little beauties!

I didn't stop at the flash though, no way, I also order a Lowepro card & battery case for a cool $8.99. I had bought one just a few months ago at a camera store in Atlanta and had just learned to love it before it was ripped from it's home. Even better, this one was cheaper than the first and a bit of a larger version.

Ho Ho Ho everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home