Thursday, April 27, 2006

Near death experience, kinda....


Tonight my friends Ricki & Erika took me out to dinner at Mellow Mushroom to celebrate me getting older tomorrow. ( Thanks ladies, I had a great time!) Had it not been for the shoot I have tomorrow night I would be talking to you from a hotel room in Atlanta with a belly full of Melting Pot. Be that as it may, I settled for hummus, pizza and a little bit of night shooting in downtown.

A few months ago I was out shooting in downtown and got some really cool stuff up on the roof of a parking garage deck. Seeing as it's now Summer time and the tourist are flocking to our city, a lot more lights are lit up in the downtown area now than they had when I first ventured up on the roof. Ricki, Erika and I drove up to the rooftop and with our tripods and my newly purchased remote trigger release & took a few shots of the cityscape.

As we were shooting we saw lights from a car driving up the ramp to the roof. It was an old beat up car, something like a murdering looney would drive. The car pulls up to the back of mine and stops. Ricki & Erika were actually inside the car and I was shooting some street stuff on the other side of the roof. I had left the back hatch of my SUV wide open so a locked door would've been pretty pointless. With no weapon available I decided to unattached my camera and prepare to go in swinging with my nearly new tripod, which I've really come to love over these past few months. From where I was standing all I could see was the creepy car and hear a guy yelling something that I couldn't make out. Luckily the car pulled away and I didn't have to injury my tripod... opps, I mean luckily Ricki and Erika weren't killed.

Turns out it was the parking attendant informing us that we shouldn't be up there that late at night. GEE THANKS BUDDY, YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF US! Anywho, we were done anyway, so we packed our things and left. He had hung back on the 4th floor to see if we were leaving, or he was planning to come back and kill us, either way, my point is that he wasn't at the gate when we left so our parking was free! Seeing as it's my birthday and the fact that we could've died, I opted for strawberry cheesecake from Taco Mac. The desert actually took longer to get than our pizza but it was well worth it, they have the best cheesecake ever! Had we had someone else joining us, it would've been a scene ripped right from the Golden Girls! (Which by the way, the 5th season is coming out in a few days, feel free to get it for me as a late b-day present!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got chased off that parking garage by a security gaurd about a weekago Saturday night. Annoying.

9.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bad link... sorry.

9.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home