Sunday, July 17, 2005

Muggles & Mud-Bloods Welcome


Bloom, originally uploaded by knledford.

I awoke unusually early this morning, awaiting the greatest thrill of this year. Absolutely dying to know the results of such a tale, yet wanting to hold on to the excitement, to perhaps bottle it for the darkest of times.

For those of you who have yet to or will ever experience the magic that is Harry Potter, I dare to dream of a world without the wonder and amazement. As though it seems a dreadful thought to eagerly await the mail carrier, as it usually ends with a mound of bills, I counted the clicks on the clock to when the moment would come.

A moment I've waited so long for, having pre-ordered by bounded hardback sheer delight months ago. Trying with forcible might to beat the urge to travel to the nearest bookstore at the stroke of midnight and forbidding the temptation of searching the interest for answers to the mystery within, as the book had been on sale for 24 hours in London and surely hundreds had reached the end of year 6 at Hogwarts.

Having awaken for, as it seems, no real good reason, naturally the post was two hours late, instead of a preferred early arrival. At ten past one in the afternoon I cracked the page of the long awaited Half-Blood Prince. I take a much needed break from Snape's detention to blog you, as this is 11:40 pm and I vow to not slumber until the final page is read.

On another note: It seems I have melted into the words of such a literary jewel, as I have, as it seems, began to convey the likeness of it's pages.



Caution: If one does not wish to learn the fate of young Harry, one should tread lightly through the next days post, however, if any plot points lie ahead all muggles will be forewarned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home