Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween... Oh Revenge is Sweet!!
























I spent my Halloween making a cemetery Cake that I saw made on Martha Stewart's new show. Let me tell you, it looked nothing like Martha's! She made hers in about 10 mins whereas mine took 5 hours and 32 mins! That's not counting the time it took me to drive to Bi-Lo and buy all the stuff it took to make it either!

The base of it was made with a sheet sized brownie I baked myself, covered with a layer of Whipped Cream with Cocoa Power to give it a chocolate flavor. The brick walls were made from brownies which I cut into 1 inch by 1/2 inch squares and laid with cocoa whipped cream to give it the authentic brick wall look. The tombstones are made from Sara Lee pound cake from your local freezer section and covered with a gray tinted whip cream. The dirt is made of fine chopped walnuts, pecans, brownie & cranberries. The nuts and cranberries were my idea, I thought it gave it a better taste in the end.
I had a bit of fun with the tombstones, I added your standard "RIP's" and what-nots, I also added the name of my arch enemy. The whole time I was writing out the words "Cathy" I was thinking of all my WCM buddies! Oh revenge is sweet... You should all be thrilled to know that once I carved her stone and added it to the cemetery, I took great pleasure in eating it afterwards! How long we all dreamed of the day we'd see her name graced on a stone, well my good friends, I can proudly say that it was I who put it there!!!




Let us all rejoice!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrisi said...

You are just too much! :o)
Love the cake! :oD
You shoulda got a pic of you eating the headstone. :oO

3.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home