Sunday, January 29, 2006

Late Night Shooting


Saturday night I did an engagement shoot in Downtown Chattanooga. The couple was all about trying new things so we started our shoot at sunset and did late evening shots and night time photos in downtown. I must say, the night time stuff was a bit harder than I was expecting. I really do need to learn how to pop my flash on long exposures better than I do now.

I did get a new tripod for the occasion though. I went by Wolf Camera right before the shoot and picked one up. They didn't have one like I was wanting but I found one I thought would work just as well. Well, it has good features and bad, my main complaint is that the legs have to be loosened or tightened using a screw so it takes for blooming ever, and it doesn't have a leveler on it. It was only $60.00 or so, so I guess I can't expect a whole lot. I'm not sure if I want to keep it yet or not. I'd really love to have one like I really want. It would be a quick set-up and fast adjustments so I guess in the long run it would pay for itself. It would cost roughly $200.00 or so though so laying down that kind of cash for something I only use every now and then does seem a little far fetched right now.

The image you see above is from the imax. I was actually laying on the sidewalk when I took this. I was setting up an angle to shoot the couple's photo with the cool imax structure in the background. Here is that photo, what do you think? Frankly I don't know if it was worth all the effort or not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is possibly the most creative photo I have seen of yours. It is blurry but the idea is fantastic.

7.2.06  
Blogger Ledford Photography said...

Thanks Matt. I couldnt get the couple to stay as still as I wanted them too. Night shots with actual people aren't the easiest in the world, that's for sure. I was limited with what I could do because the groom-to-be was deathly affraid of heights. A wider lens would've helped too and maybe a pop of the flash. It's one of those "better luck next time" shots.

7.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home