Sunday, November 06, 2005

Spotted color & a 10 mile hike!


Our next stop at the Pocket was a camping area next to the creek. For a Wednesday afternoon there seemed to be a good lot of people there camping. Rachel knew of a trail back through the woods so we set out along it looking for some great fall colors. We walked a few miles, mainly uphill, both ways of course, and I don't think I took a single picture. The colorful paint brushes had apparently missed that bit of area because everything was still green or it had died already.

I did have a bit of fun freaking out Rachel, who if you didn't know, is completely terrified of bears. I just happened to mention that it really did look like a great place for bears, granted I may have spoke on the subject for a good 15 mins or so. As I was talking I noticed that the distance between me and Rachel seemed to be getting further apart. For some unknown reason she picked up the tempo on her steps and was at a slow run for the rest of the hike.... I can't imagine why really? :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger rachelpennington said...

Hee hee, that distance was there because you scared the crap outta me. Hee hee ha ha ho ho! Thank gosh for porta-potties, and we'll just leave it at that. LOL

10.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home