Sunday, July 09, 2006

WOW! It's been awhile!


I've been so busy that I've had absolutely no time to sleep, much less to update the blog. By having no time means that I've been a very busy girl. Most of my May weekends were booked along with tons of shoots during the week. Everyone of my weekends in June were booked with either one of my weddings or a major event and 1/2 of my July & August weekends are full. It's been a long haul getting to this point. I've hoped and dreamed for 'busy weekends' for years now and to actually have someone pay me to do this as a career. Now though, it seems that a busy weekend is a normal thing. I really hope it continues and it gets even busier and crazier as the months pass.

I've already booked dates for next year and with the new website going up this month, am hoping for more dates for the end of this year and next year. It seems that while I wasn't looking, I actually became a professional wedding photographer. Not only that but specializing in a style that is really rare in this city, making it all the more in demand. I can't actually say that I'm making money yet. I'm making bill money and a little extra for equipment so yes, I am making money... However the ole checking acct remains on zero at all times. Even though I've been doing this for years, I'm technically a 'new business.' It's only this year I've actually given this the time and effort it takes to make something happen. The clients I've had so far have already recommended other clients which are already out there talking about me.

I've got lots planned for the future, one of which includes some hard work with my 2nd co-owned company. My friend Ricki and I have joined forces to create a Savannah/Northern Florida based company called 'Shot on the Rocks Imaging.' Basically a company with packages that already include travel and all the bells and whisles + the added fact of a paid vacation. A slick move I thought....

Although I haven't the time to update daily, I am now going to make the effort to update weekly. So, the 3 people who actually read this will now have a reason to live, or to shoot themselves, depending on how you look at it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home