Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fall !


This weekend was fun! My friend Rachel and I got up early this morning to go to yard sales, both hoping to find some great stuff for eBay. Neither of us had any luck, although we did walk up to a table just as a lady was buying 2 Ben Hampton signed & numbered painting valued at $300-600 each for $4.00 for both... figures! We followed pink signs all over the tristate area, from LaFayette to Rock Springs to Chickamauga to Ft. O to Ringgold to Chattanooga and beyond. Rachel bought a 1941 book for $0.25 and some sort of sun shaped candle holder for her mom, and I got my nephew, Logan, a pair of overalls for $0.25 and a old antique 6 ft tall tin cabinet for $5 bucks! I'm going to clean it up tomorrow, I'll take a picture for you. :o)

We stopped by the Rock Springs Show & Sell while we were in the area and walked around looking. We were going to put up a booth and sell our photos but of course we're both too lazy to get motivated to do it, not to mention that we're poor as all get out. For those who don't know, I use to be the staff photographer for the Walker County Messenger. While I worked there I took some photos at the Show & Sell, one or two years, I can't remember, anyway, most of the same craft seller come back again every year. Some of them I photographed while I worked for the paper and apparently they remembered me. The thought of that didnt even cross my mind, I took my camera with me while I walked around, looking for blog photos, and let me tell you, I got my head talked clear off my shoulders, reattached by a quilter and talked off again. I always feel bad when that happens, when I worked for the paper, I most likely took photos of a few thousand people all over Walker County and some in Catoosa. After awhile everyone blends and you forgot who is who and why you took there pictures. You hate to ask because it sounds snobby, and anyone who knows me knows that I have the WORST memory of all time. Anyway, Rachel, of course, was NO HELP AT ALL, she just walked off and left me with these people. I'm not complaining, I had a good time shooting for the paper, usually, I just wish people would identify themselves. :o) It's just tough being a celebrity...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home