Friday, September 30, 2005

A Farewell Image


This image, my good friends, is the very last photo my poor Todd ( Nikon D100) ever took. How very sad... I should print and frame it as a sort of memorial to my long time friend. (pausing for a moment of silence)

Tomorrow (Saturday) I return to the very location in which this image was taken to shoot yet another wedding. With a bit of luck nothing major will happen this go around. The location being the Grandview on Lookout Mtn., which if you've never seen it, it's truly a beautiful place. You would think with such a great looking place the pictures would be a snap. Ironically it's one of the hardest places to shoot though. It's on a very steep hill, the view is great but then there is a backlighting issue when shooting your subject, the house is great but every room has a difference type of light source. Sessions take 2x as long as you have to allow for the time to change your lighting white balance, and add fill flash or take it away or use reflectors while trying to exposure properly and take the picture.

Renting the Grandview as a venue for your wedding or party is not to be taken lightly mind you. A Saturday rental for a few hours of time rents for just at $2000.00 and $150.00 per every half hour if you go over your lotted time. Of course that doesn't include tables, chairs, staff, food or drinks, which all have to be provided on site. I really believe I should forget about this photography stuff, get me a pretty location, hire a landscaper and start renting it out for weddings and the like. Maybe have a lake on site, a few rose gardens, some water fountains, statues, pathways, etc... Take about a cash cow!

I know what you're thinking, where can I invest in such a brilliant idea? Well, my good friends, just log onto your online paypal account and lets get the cash flowing my way!

1 Comments:

Blogger rachelpennington said...

Poor, poor Todd. I lit a candle in his honor. May he rest in pieces, er, I mean peace.

3.10.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home