Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Modeling is such hard work!


I'm steadily going through and editing the photos from a recent portrait session. Normally they would've been finished a few days after I took them, but with the whole stolen camera bag mess I just having been myself lately. I was going through them and came across this one. At the time we were trying to amuse this poor boy with bubbles, which are fun for awhile, but lets face it... they're bubbles. Plus when you factor in that there were 3 people trying to get this kid to smile, look this way and that way, go here, go there, etc etc, I guess it can be a little stressful, even if you're two!

For the most part I think we were boring him, and from some of the looks he gave me I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm the major of crazy town. A lady 3 times as tall as you with a camera glued to her face, making strange noise and ever so often, popping out to yell 'boo' would have to look a tad odd, especial from his level of site plus the fact that he'd never seen me before that day. He did get a tiny bit exciting at the water fountains and at the fire truck. The fire truck was one of the last things we used, we'd already been shooting for a good hour or so, and that was the first time he actually looked at me, said 'cheese' and smiled, all at the same time.

I always said I'd never be one of those stuffy photographers who try to get kids to smile there heads off while you're jingling your keys at them but after this photo session experience, I think I'm getting closer to becoming just that. Usual my photo subjects are adults who are abour to get married, sometimes I have a kid around 7 or 8, or a baby, who cant yet wonder off on there own. Chase here was two years old and I must say, a lot of work went into the simplest of things to get his picture. I've got to invest in some toys or a traveling sideshow the next time I have to shoot someone so young!

1 Comments:

Blogger rachelpennington said...

Boy, that firetruck idea sounded brilliant! Wonder who came up w/the idea of taking him over there? You must have really smart friends. :D

28.9.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home