Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ponder the possibilities of hopelessness


Here is a lovely photo of my friend Rachel who was staring from the bridge to the creek below. I'm sure she'll just love it that her photo is published (for the 2nd time in a week) on the internet for the world to see. :o) Gotta Luv Me!!

I sit in my bedroom and look around at the mess and it just makes me sick. I try to compact everything that I don't want broken or stolen into a 10 ft by 12 ft place. Once you factor in a bed, closet & shelves that doesn't leave you with must space to walk around must less set anything. It's gotten so that I can't find anything I need, I have no real organization going on which I hate. Seeing as I'm trying to run a business you'd think that keeping things in order would be the smart thing to do.

I'm really sick of living this way though, I have tons and tons of stuff sorted into piles that are meant to be put on eBay, mostly clothes. They've been laying on the shelves and floor for weeks and I haven't done it yet. I plan on making that my goal this week & next week, to photography & list everything on ebay that needs to be listed, sell it and ship it out of here before it drives me completely insane! I've got bins to sort papers and files in that I've never even used. I have enough shelf room to put them if all this eBay stuff wasn't in the way.

Through the years I bought photo frames I'd see on sale or at yard sales and think "Hey, I might need this for a art show or something," so I'll buy it and shove it in a closet or under the bed. I've got the entire top shelf of the closet full of photo mats with no photos in them that I've collected through the years for art shows and portrait jobs. I don't believe I've ever used one of them. They just sit up there collecting dust and taking up space. Everytime an Art Show rolls around I always say "I'm going to do that" then of course, never do. I use the "I don't have anything ready" or "I don't have the time" which is always because I've put it off until the day before the show. I vow that there will be no more of that!! Photoworks.com has a sale on 4x6 prints for $0.15 from now until the end of the year and I'm going to start ordering them so I'll have it when I need it! I can go ahead and mat them and have them here so that next time a show comes around, I will be ready and will have no excuses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home