Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Life in the fast lane


Well I may not have booked that many days yet for this year, but for some reason I sure am busy. I'm working on book pages right now of the engagement shoot I just did. Granted I don't need them until July but hey, at least I'll be ahead on something instead of my usually behind. I'm also working on Trinity & Eddie's Maternity & Baby Book. I do the baby photos on Feb 11th so expect to see those real soon. I'm really looking forward to taking them, I really love baby pictures. As much as I love to do nothing, I'm actually really loving the fact that I'm busy. Plus the fact that I'm building my business in the process of it all it even better! The month of Feb is going to be the month that I get my brochures out there and advertising in places that matter.

Speaking of advertising, I've been wanting to run some ad's at some local movie theaters here in Chattanooga. What I had in mind were the ads you see on the screen before the previews start showing. So I go to The Rave's website for some info on how you go about that and as it turns out it's a major company off in lala land somewhere that handles such things. Well the amount I was thinking was like $100 a month or something, seeing as though most likely 1/4 or less of the people who go to see movies are actually in there seats when those ads are playing. Much to my surprise, it's a 1 year contract and either $340 per week for 8 movies per week OR $540 per week for all movies. Well, I was driving when I spoke to the lady at the company and let me just say, it's a real wonder I didn't die in a major car crash because I'm fairly sure I blacked out there for a minute. That's like 25,000 per year!!! Holy cow, I don't even make that in a year at this point. Needless to say, you won't be seeing my ad in a theater need you... anytime soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home