Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dog Tired


It's currently 1 am Sunday morning and I just got back from the wedding not too long ago. I'm about as tired as I've ever been, my feet hurt, my leg is killing me and my head is pounding. I escaped death three times today, an interesting story, let me explain...

After the 12 o'clock hair appointment ended we followed the brides maids back to there hotel, which was also the one we're staying at, anyway, we photographed the ladies getting ready and the bride getting into her dress.

We wrapped up the photo shoot at around 3ish and was going to get over to the wedding venue to start the bridal portraits. Ericia, who is our lovely photo assistant, was suppose to be coming down from Chattanooga to help with the wedding and was to arrive at the hotel at 3:20 or so. So we wouldn't lose any time shooting while we were waiting on her to arrive, Ricki told me to catch a ride with one of the Bridesmaids.

The bridesmaid whom the bride said I could ride with was riding completely alone in her car. I realize now that I should've figured something was up when I saw that all the other cars had 5 and 6 people packed in them and this lady had the whole front & back seat of her SUV available. We get into the car and crank it up to pull out of the parking lot when she mentions that she's drank at least a whole bottle of Champagne in the past few hours. While she was telling me this information she was drinking a glass of it as she was driving, baring in mind that we're in downtown Atlanta. As we're driving she's wondering all over the highway, singing bad Dave Matthew's music and playing air drums on her steering wheel. We draw closer & closer to the major intersection of Roswell Rd, all the while with the light red. I was thinking in my head that surely she can see that the light is red and she'll stop just anytime now. Apparently you should never assume because she just kept going, right out in the middle of traffic. People slamming on brakes every which a way and me yelling like a sissy girl. We all get stopped, luckily we did not have a crash and all turned out well, she she floors it and just keeps going, continuing on through the red light across the other two lines of traffic. Nothing was coming from that direction at the time thank god. The people we were following had slowed back to a near stop, most likely watching the entertainment in there rear view mirror. They sped up in a hurry because she came within a few millimeters of hitting them in the rear and only missed them because she whooped over in the other line. Thinking that this must be the last of what could happen, she nearly side swiped a car driving in the lane next to us. The hotel and the venue was only a mile or two apart, but that had to have been the longest ride of my life, I'd never been so glad to get out of a car in all my days...

The wedding went pretty good, a long day but the weather seemed to be on our side for the day. They served an incredible amount of booze, 90% of everyone there was falling down they were so drunk. After the wedding we stopped in IHOP for some midnight breakfast then off to the hotel for a shower and some rest. It was a pretty adventurous day, I've about had all of it I can take so I believe I'll just go to bed... expect photos from the wedding soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home