Friday, October 07, 2005

The Georgia Rain


We left this morning bound for Atlanta, Ga at 9 am. There was a light mist at the house when we left and it did nothing but get heavier as we drew closer to the big city. We hit 2 major traffic jams, the worst of which was just south of Calhoun, which is miles from anything. A big rig over turned and littered the highway with bits of large and small truck & trailer parts. Once we got clear of the first traffic jam we stopped by Cracker Barrel for some breakfast. I had a scambled egg sandwich with light mayo and 2 slices of tomato on sour dough bread and a banana. It was some kinda good too, I had never had that before so I ordered it because it looked like the healthiest thing on the menu. It took 45 mins to get our food and 15 to eat it, which just doesn't seem right at all. We got back on the highway but by that time the retards on the highway had had enough time to have another wreak only a few miles down the road.

We finally arrived at the Roswell Rd exit nearly 3 hrs into our journey and began our long search for the venue of the wedding. It's a sort of old house, it's actually a city slickers version of a farm house, being from the country it's kinda funny to think that these city folk pay to have there weddings there. Our problem at the moment is that the ceremony was to take place outside and of course it's been raining for 2 days and is suppose to continue through noon tomorrow. The alternative plan is to have the ceremony in a tiny gazebo which is maybe big enough for 20 people standing. They're going to try to fit 12 members of a bridal party, the bride & groom of course, a preacher, a full band ( which all by themselves will take up half of the space) and all there family & guests. Shooting pictures inside one of these things is just about impossible because in order to expose the people standing inside it, you have to blow all the details of the background... Not a very good picture. I seriously hope that the rain doesn't wet the ground anymore tonight and it dries off enough that all the people who step on it wont sink into a crater!

After the rehearsal we went to a local pizza place, "Ray's New York Style Pizza" on Roswell Rd & ordered the Greek Pizza. Let me tell ya folks, it was some gooooood pizza! After that we stopped by Wolfe Camera for a few things I needed. As you know, my bag was stolen so I basically have nothing. I needed a camera bag, some lens & camera caps, a lens cleaning cloth, a filter, some batteries... basic stuff like that. They didn't have much in the way of camera bags but I got one anyway. The cheapest camera backpack they had, it was still $50.00! I think I spent 80.00 or so on just little stuff I didn't even want but had to have. My friend Ricki though got a shopping bug while we were there because she spent nearly $1000.00!!!!! I nearly fainted! She got a new SB-800 flash, a 4GB flash card, a new lens bag & some other things like batteries and cleaning supplies.

For those of you who shoot, the 4GB card she got was on sale big time. Lexar is getting rid of there supply of 40x 4GB cards, which usually retails for nearly $500.00, was on clearance for $315.00!! The man at the store said they just keep marking them down, I believe I'll watch and see just how low they go and get me some, if I can find the money that is. :o) If you shoot a lot of pictures you should really consider buying one yourself, it's a huge savings, or you could buy it then resale it on eBay for a hundred or more than you'd be giving for it! Feel free to send me your profits from your sales. :o)

Believe it or not, as big as Atlanta is and as big an exit as Roswell Rd is, it took us forever to find a hotel. The one nearest to the venue was booked completely so the clerk sent us up Hamill Rd for what seemed like 10 miles until we finally found another Hotel. The building you see hear is our view from our hotel window. It's foggy out because of the rain and cool weather so it had a really cool effect. I'm not sure what building it is, one thing is certain, you don't see things like that in LaFayette!

My day begins at 11am tomorrow and will last until 11 or 12 tomorrow night. Talk about a long hard day! I can honestly say I'd rather be on the beach somewhere sipping something fruity with an umbella in it!

Wish me luck...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST- YOU NEED A SPELL CHECK ON YOUR BLOGGER,, WRECK NOT WREAK...
SECOND- IM GOING TO TEACH GRANNY HOW TO USE A COMPUTER SO SHE WILL KNOW EVERYTHING THAY YOU DO..

THIRD- TELL THE TRUTH,
AN EGG SANDWICH AND A BANANA?????
SISTER I KNOW YOU TOO WELL!!!
IF THERE WAS A ROOTY TOOTY FRESH AND FRUITY WITH ANY KIND OF STRAWBERRY,APPLE, OR FRENCH TOASTY THING I KNOW WHAT YOU HAD.

GOOD LUCK , I LOVE YOU......

8.10.05  
Blogger rachelpennington said...

Well as you know we headed through Atlanta shortly after you and we also got our share of traffic jams. :( However, please forgive me if I find it hard to feel sorry for you. You're in Atlanta; you got to eat at Cracker Barrel AND at a cool pizza place AND you have THAT view from your hotel?! When we finally made it downtown I was dying because I didn't bring my camera. The mist/fog coming off the buildings was SOOO beautiful! It was a good thing I didn't bring it though--it rained solid on us for the two hours of the football game, and all the way down there AND all the way back. Be careful on your way home.

8.10.05  
Blogger Ledford Photography said...

No really, I did have the egg sandwich and a banana, I have witnesses. I WANTED some pork chops, fried apples & biscuits though! Yummaaaaa!!

8.10.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home