Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Stone Cup or Bust


This morning I got up and got ready to get out of the house to work a little bit. About the time I was packed to leave my friend Ricki calls wanting to know if I can go to Stone Cup with her to do the same thing, talk about the luck, not to mention the gas savings! LOL

The very thing I was going to get done today was begin and finish the little boys portrait book. In order to do that I have to get to my smugmug site to see which the family picked to go in the book. Naturally, with my luck and all, smugmug's site is down for emergency technical service so I can't do anything until they're up and rolling. I did get some of my eBay photos edited of all the junk I own and need to sell, so they're a small step for today.

Ricki introduced me to a gentleman, whom we see everytime we come to downtown Chattanooga and she'd met and befriended a few months ago. He is single handedly trying to solve the homeless problem in the downtown area. He was telling us that he'd had a gun pulled on him a few days ago because he'd gotten 3 gang members arrested for beating up a 60 year old homeless man. Apparently the other members of the gang didn't like it too much. It's a great cause when you hear all the things he trys to do. He trys to feed them and find them jobs, get them back on there feet again. He apparently knows everyone here around the Coolidge park area because nearly everyone who passed said Hi or waved. Ricki gave him some money to fund is mission and I know I saw others doing the same. If you hang around the Coolidge Park area you more than likely know who I'm talking about, it takes a special type of person to do such things with there life.

Spread a little sunshine ya'll...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home